Saturday, January 17, 2015

Trying Something New




 Scarf: Nordstrom | Jacket: Zara | Top: Hollister | Belt: Hollister | Jeans: Hollister | Sandals: Steve Madden









This past week I have been giving myself and others one compliment a day. When I say something nice to others it makes them smile, but after giving myself a compliment per day I did not get the same effect as the people who were receiving my compliments. I think that might be because when I give myself a compliment it either may not be sincere (sometimes) or it is just very repetitive. But whatever the case, life is a bit less dull because of it. I am also trying to stop complaining- and it is very tough. I get technical with myself and ask my friends if what I am saying is negative or if it is just a statement like"I am so tired." Any idea? It is also difficult to always stay positive because there will always be people around you who say mean things, are downers, and complain a lot. Although it is inevitable to not cross paths with people whose predominant characteristics are negative, in your eyes, there are ways to decrease your interactions with them. For example you can cut those people out of your life and surround yourself with positive, supportive, helpful, and happy people. Sometimes this is hard too. I know all the best things in life are hard to get, that is because it requires care, effort, and persistence. This is a hard thing to do when you go to a tiny school with cliques everyone is to scared to come out of, when you don't interact with others, and when you lack the bravery to try something out of your comfort zone. All very difficult things to get out of. But my cousin told me the best thing to do is to always say "yes". Say yes when someone asks you for help, to go out, and anything else. That is one thing I am going to try and do this week in addition to staying positive and not complaining. Hopefully it will turn out well!
Also, if Ellen from Elleosophy is reading this, I just want to say thank you so much for your advise last week! For those who do not know, I had a question last week regarding if I need a date to a dance to have fun and Ellen helped me make a confident answer. So thank you very much. The dance is tomorrow so we will see how it goes (insert nervous face emoji here). If anyone needs and guidance or wisdom, Ellen is your girl. Her blog is seriously filled with so much inspiration and for those who want, I definitely recommend checking out her site if you still have not done so.
That is all for this week!
xox
Leah 

2 comments:

  1. Of course I'm reading this!! And you're welcome--I'm glad it helped because I honestly wasn't too sure if it would :$ Haha. And I love the idea of giving away one compliment a day. It is a very beautiful and harmonious idea.

    You yourself are a very beautiful human being. You're striving to make change and not just for yourself but for others. It's a very courageous thing to do. I feel like this new mentality can make you feel very vulnerable (at least it is for me) in the sense that you're about being positive and healthy minded as opposed to vicious and unaffected so it really is something courageous and brave.

    Have you tried reading affirmations? I bought the Miranda Kerr Treasure Yourself affirmation cards and every morning when I wake up I stretch/meditate for ten minutes and then I read aloud 6 cards (there's about 60-70 of them) that I pick randomly. I've noticed a marginal difference from the days that I do them and the days that I don't. Maybe google affirmations and write them on some palm cards to read every morning and night? :)

    I hope you have a blast at your dance and I expect photos of your dress on the blog in a few days time ;D Haha!!

    Elleosophy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. AWW Ellen! This made me smile so much! Thank you for your kind and honest words. I am striving to make a positive change but it is difficult when my friends are bagging on me or being negative. They do not know what this process is like so maybe I should tell them.

      You are absolutely right about vulnerability as well! It has always been much simpler for me to have a wall up and be angry at the world. And I get so used to it that it becomes normal...which is not a good habit. So yes, this mentality does make people vulnerable especially if they having been putting up walls for a long time.

      I have not ever heard of affirmations before but I adore your idea! It sounds so driven, powerful, affective, and inspirational. I will definitely make myself some cards, read them and streach in the mornings from now on. Hopefully I wont wake up too late though :P. Thank you so much for you wonderful idea!

      xox
      Leah

      Delete

Pro Blogger Templates by pipdig