Saturday, January 10, 2015

Reinventing

 Hat: Forever 21 | Jacket: Denyl | Scarf: Vintage | Shirt: My mom | Belt: Hollister | Jeans: Express | Boots: Steve Madden | Bag: Marc Jacobs












Life has always been about reinventing yourself...and love. But for now I am going to focus on reinvention. Trying to find out how to become a better, more happy version of myself is the way I want to change. Within my first week of trying to become the woman I want to be, I have already been struggling and feeling uncomfortable- with myself and others. Trying to change it is really hard and involves loving myself first. That is how to be happy; because you will be spending your whole life with yourself, it is worth it to get to really know who you are. But how? I have talked to a few people about how to become your own best friend and they said it is about loving yourself. As we all may probably know, we are our own harshest critics. In order to help combat this, we can start by giving ourselves and others one compliment per day. You can also read self help books (if any of you know some really good ones I would love to read them), and say one thing you are proud of- whether it be acing a test, spending time with family, or becoming the best version of yourself. That is, what I think, the first step to reinvention. Because I just learned about this yesterday, I haven't really had any time to put these practices into place, but next week I will share my progress on that with you.
Random thought- would you regret not having a date to your last formal dance when almost everyone else has a date? Would that make you feel insecure or uncomfortable or strong and independent. I am not sure how I feel about this so I would love to know your thoughts on this as well. The dance is next week and I am debating if I should ask anyone because that means I have to be with them the whole time and cant actually dance (I love to dance). But will I feel left out if I do not bring someone? I really have no idea what to do so knowing what you would do in this type of situation would really be helpful!
Thank you so much for reading!
xox
Leah 

2 comments:

  1. I love the Lorna Jane "MORE: Of A Fit Woman's Secrets" for inspiration. I don't know if it is so much a self help, but it is definitely inspiring for a healthier lifestyle.

    I think for me the hardest part of change is sticking to it when I'm out with friends. It is so easy to just go back to "default" before your self growth. I had this yesterday and that's really stuck with me so I know I have to make a more conscious effort whereas at home with my family it's easier.

    As for the dance, I'm sorry but I've got no idea :$ At my formal the only ones with dates were those who were dating. However, I think it could be totally fun. You'd be with your friends and you'd all have dates and even if you're not a good dancer you'd still be together as a group and you'd be having so much fun you wouldn't even notice. I think if you bring the right person (someone who is a lot of fun), you might end up regretting not brining someone. But it's all up to you :)

    Elleosophy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Ellen!
      I just looked up the book and read a few pages of it, It is such a wonderful book! I think I will get it. Thank you so much for the recommendation!

      I absolutely agree with you about going back into "default" setting. That is also what also made this week a bit of a struggle for me. And you are correct about making a conscious effort to change it, because that is the first step to changing your behavior and accomplishing your goal.

      I think you are also correct about the dance. You have helped shape my decision and made me more comfortable with it, so thank you very much. As long as I am with my friends- whether we all have dates or not- we will still be together and it will still be very fun.

      Thank you so so so much for your kind words and wisdom, Ellen!
      xox
      Leah

      Delete

Pro Blogger Templates by pipdig