Friday, June 28, 2013

Vintage

 Top: Nordstrom B.P (old) | Shorts: Vintage | Shoes: Aerosoles
 Sunglasses: Vintage | Necklace: Handmade | Watch: Michael Kors | Bracelet: Nordstrom (old)






My supa cool new temporary turtle tattoo, his name is Boris.

When I was younger, the thought of wearing other peoples clothing creeped me out. Not knowing who wore it, how they wore it, etc. But as the years have been going by, I have gained a new perspective on vintage items. The idea that each garment has its own story now fascinates me, that someone wore it for a multitude of different occasions and purposes intrigues me. So I went shopping inside both my mothers and grandmothers closets and found these shorts and sunglasses. I have had them for a while, but had now idea how to style either one of them, and finally, this outfit came to life. Thats all for now!
xox
P.S If you haven't followed me on instagram yet, my name is thewallflowerblog.
Hope to see you there!

1 comment:

  1. Haha i totally understand that whole weird feeling that someone else has worn an item before. But at the same time I love the idea that you are just another person in the story of this garment. I really like the outfit combo youve got on here, those shorts were such a score, Im so in love with the shape and colour. Mothers/grandmothers wardrobes can be full of treasures!

    -Tara x

    SHOPSTYLECONQUER.COM

    ReplyDelete

Pro Blogger Templates by pipdig