Saturday, December 20, 2014

Dark Ages

 Hat: Forever 21 | Sunglasses: Loft | Lipstick: M.A.C | Necklace: Handmade 
 Top: Vintage | Leggings: Forever 21 | Shoes: Vintage







The Dark Ages, according to the wonderful web of wikipedia, was a period where there was intellectual darkness and economic regression that occurred in Europe following the collapse of the Western Roman Empire. That's in historical context, but in modern times I consider it to be finals week...DA DA DAHH. Not as dramatic as I thought it would sound, oh well. This past week was my dark ages and it was anything but fun. Hours of studying and sitting and minuscule amounts of sleep definitely was not my cup of tea. But now its over and it feels like the Roaring Twenties, an era of flappers and jazz! Fitting because I had a final on the Great Gatsby. I'm a bit of a history nerd if it is unclear. Just a little side note on the book- it is so spectacular and fantastic! The imagery and detail is so beautiful and it has a very cool way of conveying Fitzgerald's theme of the American Dream which I really appreciated.
Apart from my horrid finals week, I got a bit of a makeover and chopped off all of my hair! It was very nerve-racking at first, but once the deed was done it felt so invigorating and a bit rebellious. I got the idea of a lob from Pinterest and when I saw Tara from Shop Style Conquer's long bob, I knew I wanted something similar. So last week I did so and I have to say I really do love the way it looks!
That is all for now!
More next week:)
xox
Leah 

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous look! Love all black! Always a classic. Would you like to follow each other on GFC pinterest instagram Bloglovin and like on facebook? Let me know I always follow back!

    Www.theclosetcrush.com

    ReplyDelete

Pro Blogger Templates by pipdig